TESSE is designed to meet the varied needs of a diverse group of in-service (current) and pre-service (future) Earth Science teachers at the middle and high school levels. Benefits to in-service teachers and benefits to pre-service teachers participating in the TESSE program include:
1) 3-4 undergraduate or graduate level credits in the UNH Earth Systems Science for Teachers course
2) current content knowledge in Earth Sciences Science aligned with state standards;
3) strategies and best-practices for implementing Earth Sciences in the middle school and high school classroom;
4) apply credits, certificate or build portfolio toward highly qualified status in Earth science.
5) relationship with dedicated UNH faculty and staff